Illegal Use of our Name and Content:
The Dome/ Dome Holdings Ltd name and sometimes the names of individuals within our company have been used in various fraudulent scam emails, letters and phone calls.
As of March 2021, we have been notified that WhatsApp messages are being sent which purport to attach an electronic contact card for one of our partners, and which invite the recipient to contact the partner to discuss a new transaction. The messages were not sent by or on behalf of Dome, and the contact card does not contain the genuine contact information for the partner. Accordingly, you should delete those messages.
Other fraudulent communications involving use of our name typically seek to identify a victim by suggesting that an inheritance or a job can be obtained by paying an upfront fee. Another variant is to send demands for money in relation to non-existent claims. Sometimes fake documents referring to the company’s name and/or its staff are sent to the victim.
Common themes include:
- Inheritances from overseas or unknown relatives or individuals with the same surname as the recipient
- Offers of security work/visa services related to employment in the Middle East or Africa
- Visa clearances
- Bogus review websites
- Fake barristers misusing our name regarding funds to be released from banks
- Contracts purporting to be drafted by us regarding business sales
- Use of our telephone numbers by fake credit consolidators
- Offers of internships after payment of an ‘administrative fee’
We are not involved in these transactions.
This is not an exhaustive list of scams. New ones are being invented all the time. Please remain vigilant for your own protection. These scams aim to get your money and/or your personal data to use in other illegal activities. They may not always request money or personal details on initial contact, but will often do so after you respond.
Please note that this company and its staff have no involvement in these or any other scams. In addition, please note that we do not use Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo email addresses. We recommend you delete scam emails and do not reply to scam letters. If you need to check with us whether a communication is genuine, please Contact us.